Jeremy Crutchfield of the San Diego County Water Authority in the USA says desalination (the treatment of seawater through the removal of salt) is a very expensive process because of the high cost of operation including the vast amount of electricity needed to operate such plants.
- "The desalination system, which started operating in the coastal area of Kiunga in July 2018, can create 19,800 gallons (75,000 liters) of fresh drinking water each day - enough for 25,000 people."https://t.co/qkmc8gbRB6 17. November 2019
- AUSTRALIA: How will the revival of #Adelaide's #Desalination plant help #Drought-stricken farmers? https://t.co/fzeKIeOcw6 via @ABCNews 13. November 2019
- "Underground mining in the catchment has become particularly controversial during the drought as the levels of Sydney's dams drop faster than at any time since as least 1940 even with the city's desalination plant at full tilt." https://t.co/YhuAiGmZXk 12. November 2019
- Trinkwasser ist Thema 17. November 2019
- Drachselsried Trinkwasser wieder in Ordnung 15. November 2019
- Erfurt: Aufregung um angeblich verseuchtes Trinkwasser 15. November 2019
- Erfurter Trinkwasser vorsorglich gechlort - Gesundheitsamt gibt Update 15. November 2019